KDDI Web Communications :: Our Values

Our Values : KDDI Web Communications Leads with Strength in the SMB Market

The internet market in Japan

The internet market in JapanThe Internet diffusion rate in Japan now exceeds 70 percent. Surprisingly, however, only 12 percent of Japanese companies have acquired unique domains of their own. The remaining 88 percent of businesses that have yet to acquire their own domains (research by KDDI Web Communications) may be unable to use the Internet in their operations. As things stand today, the Japanese Internet market is still wide open for newcomers.
Back in 1997, at the dawn of the Internet market, KDDI Web Communications Inc. launched the hosting service that was to become the bread and butter of its Internet business.